So I’m terribly honored to have been awarded the Liebster Award by My Brain on Kids. Yay, I’m a winner!
As these things usually come with a homework assignment, I had some rules that I needed to follow, questions to answer and people to award.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
- Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post. Go to their page and tell them.
- No tag backs.
11 Things about Me:
- This morning’s weather is pretty much my favorite weather ever – a gorgeous sunny, yet crisp Fall morning. Perfect jeans and scarf weather, or if you’re my son the perfect day to break out the Captain Awesome hoodie!
- My latest favorite on Pandora is the “Fun” music station. Not just the action of having fun, but the band Fun.
- I brushed my hair this morning for the first time in perhaps years. Not that I’m a knotty haired kind of girl, I’ve just been wearing my hair wavy for so long (where you just need a comb).
- My dog decided to bark his head off for no apparent reason from 5:30 – 5:45 this morning. Jack slept through it, but the husband and I did not.
- I just walked through campus (I work at a college) and realized that I’m apparently old because I just don’t understand what kids are wearing these days. There was a guy totally dressed like Urkel with big glasses, cuffed pink pants and loafers… and apparently he was cool?
- I love amazon.com – whatever you need, it’s sold there for cheaper AND you get free shipping!
- I’m addicted to Chapstick and have a tube with me at all times. I would only use the medicated kind because I like the menthol tingle, but now I’m kinda digging the candy cane flavor.
- My husband doesn’t read my blog. He says that he just doesn’t “get” blogs, even when I compare them to his stupid DSM message boards that he’s always on.
- I’m allergic to cats. I also don’t really like them much because they’re assholes – they KNOW I’m allergic to them and they immediately make beeline for me and rub themselves all over my clothes.
- I deleted House Hunters from my tivo after reading that article about the show being a fake. It made me so angry that I just couldn’t continue to watch it.
- My man crushes are (in no particular order): David Beckham, Jason Statham, Jason Segel (when he’s Marshall on HIMYM), David Boreanez (when he’s Booth on Bones), The Rock, and my husband. And I’m not even kidding about my husband; he’s hilarious, cute, supportive and a great father too. Even if he doesn’t read my blog.
My 11 Questions to Answer:
1. What was your favorite food when you were a child?
Probably homemade chocolate chip cookies or that huge Reeses Pieces Sundae from Friendly’s. Surprising I was actually a really skinny kid.
2. What is your favorite quote?
“You save me and I will save the day” from a Train song. I just like how it shows that you can totally take care of yourself and still want someone to take care of you every so often.
3. What is your favorite book?
I love both the Harry Potter series and the Hunger Games series. Picking a favorite book in either series would be like picking a favorite child.
4. What is your favorite body part?
I like my smile.
5. What is your favorite song/band?
I always have a new favorite song and then I play it over and over again until I can’t stand it anymore. Currently I’m loving Fun’s new one, Some Nights. As for a band, Train has been my favorite for quite a while and every time I’ve seen them live they’ve been awesome!
6. If you could be a kitchen appliance, what would you be?
Um, this is a weird one. Let’s go with an ice cream maker — I’m fun to play with and I like to make people smile.
7. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
It would be really cool to be fluent in another language. In school I studied both French and Spanish and pretty much suck at both. I would also like to know how to play electric guitar really, really well so that I could be a rock star.
8. What was the last movie/TV show that made you cry?
This is totally Jack’s fault because I hardly ever cried at TV before he came around. I was re-watching the last episode of Glee and totally got a little teary when stupid Finn broke up with Rachel on what was supposed to be their wedding day. Who DOES that?!?!
9. What would you name the autobiography of your life?
Since I overuse the word “awesome” let’s go with Joules: The Awesome Years.
10. Do you ever get mistaken or get told you look like a celebrity? If so, which one?
The only time I’ve ever been mistaken for a celebrity is when a friend’s daughter was convinced that I was the girl from the Princess Diaries. I WISH I looked like Anne Hathaway, especially when she was in Get Smart. Yowzer!
11. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
I feel like I should be totally highbrow and pick someone amazing like Mother Theresa or Elvis. But I’m going to choose any of the boys on my man crush list above!
Here’s my list of 11 questions for the people I’m awarding:
- Who is on your man crush list?
- Why did you decide to start a blog?
- Had you even heard of me or my blog before I awarded you the Liebster Award?*
- What is the last commercial that you laughed at (post it if possible)?
- What do you do for your day job?
- What is the rudest question that someone has asked you?
- What is the best vacation that you’ve ever gone on?
- How did you meet your significant other (if you have one) in 2 sentences or less? If no sig, how did you meet your best friend?
- What are you really, really good at?
- What is your favorite online shopping website?
- I’m always looking for fun beauty products that make me feel pretty. What is the one beauty product you just cannot live without?
11 Bloggers I’m Awarding:
- Live Wonderstruck
- Diapers or Wine
- Forever 51
- Frugalista Blog
- Words for Worms
- Filing Jointly
- Let me Start By Saying…
- Live Laugh Rowe
- Wub Boo Mummy
- Honest Mom
- Lipstick Margaritas and Hairspray
When awarding my 11 fellow bloggers I tried really hard to pick people who have not received this award already. So if you’re already a Liebster winner, please ignore me and just go straight to feeling flattered that you’re so incredibly cool.
*Yes, I know this sounds totally self-serving, but one of the reasons that these awards were invented was to introduce people to new blog friends. If you already knew me and I already knew you, is the award really working?