Yay, it’s here. It’s here! The August “Back to School” Box from Citrus Lane!
Of course, Jack is only 6 months old, so I’ve been very curious on how they’re going to prepare him to go to school. Maybe a ABC slobber rag or a learning to count chew toy?
Anyways, Citrus Lane talked a little about this in the brochure that came with this month’s package:
“Whether or not you have a child headed back to school, the fall is always a super-busy time for parents. That’s why this month’s box is all about helping you stay inspired and organized, from packing healthy lunches to nurturing your child’s learning curve.”
Okay, that sounds right up my alley! Fall is my absolute favorite time of year (I swoon over foliage and pumpkin spice lattes) and work will also be quite a bit busier, so anything that helps my day go smoothly is a winner for me.
And this box WAS a winner too. In fact, within a couple hours of opening it every single item was already in use in various areas of our house!
This month’s goodies:
• Skip*Hop Hug & Hide Stroller Toy ($10.00 value) – I love this toy. It is totally adorable – it’s a little dog that opens his arms and there is a little teether puppy inside his pouch. Super cute! The teether is the perfect size to fit in Jack’s hand… and mouth. I’m not sure how we’re going to attach this to our stroller though. So far Jack likes to hug it or roll around on the ground and lick it.
• Keepin’ Fresh Baby Food Storage ($7.99 value) – These little bowls are the perfect size for some homemade baby food or for mommy to take a single serving of hummus to work. With their super secure tops, I feel confident that I can throw them in a diaper bag or purse without being surprised with a stinky mess later. The best part – they’re microwave, dishwasher and freezer safe, as well as free of BPA, phthlates, PVC and lead. Makes me want to mash the crap out of some bananas.
• Andy Warhol’s Colors Board Book ($6.99 value) – We’ve already talked about my obsession with books. The fact that they included a book in our monthly box AND that it’s a super cool one makes me a happy girl.
• Plum Organics Stage One Just Fruits ($1.49 value) – We Love Plum Organics + We Love Pears = Another Winner!
• Mommy’s Bliss Gripe Water ($11.99 value) – My introduction to gripe water came from our very first Citrus Lane box in March. It has been a total lifesaver for my gassy boy, so having an extra bottle on hand is great for us.
So, was this month’s box worth it?
Every single item in the box will be used in our house. My only disappointment is that there was no “mommy present” this month. Part of the reason I was attracted to the Citrus Lane boxes over some of the other ones out there is that there was a little treat for me too. So, a little bit of a sad face sigh there, but all in all we are happy about the August box.
Here’s my typical disclosure: I was not rewarded by Citrus Lane for reviewing their box on my blog. I review the boxes, because I feel like other mom’s would be interested in seeing what they’ll get if they sign up for the monthly service.
HOWEVER, if you decide that you would like to sign up for your own
subscription and use my link, I will receive credits on my account. Click here to access the Citrus Lane website with my special link. As an added bonus to my fabulous readers, you can get 10% off the cost of any subscription (normal cost $25 each month). You’ll save $7.50 on three months, $12.50 on six months, or $25 on twelve months. To redeem the deal, click on my link and enter the word SPRINGFUN when checking out.
- Citrus Lane Deluxe Shower Box! (livinglavidamommy.wordpress.com)
- Subscription Boxes make Great Gifts (homespicelife.com)
- Is Citrus Lane Worth It: The August “Back to School” Box Review (pocketfulofjoules.com)