It’s Clothing Purge Report time again. Rather than just showing you what I purchase, I also like to show you what items leave my house and how I sell or donate them.
First a quick reminder… here’s my criteria for where I sell:
- Poshmark/eBay: items that are in perfect condition.
- My Instagram page: items that are in perfect or near perfect condition. I’ll typically post a collage of what I’ve listed elsewhere.
- Facebook Sale Groups: items that are in perfect or near perfect condition in specific brands, such as Anthropologie, Boden, and Stitch Fix.
- Donate to Thrift Stores: items in good condition or showing wear.
Working from home for the past 6 months has greatly influenced me on deciding that I need to purge, purge, and purge my closet some more. It is much easier to get rid of items when you haven’t even looked at them in half a year!
This quarter, I basically just listed a bunch of stuff on Poshmark and then stuck the rest in my donation pile. I didn’t bother with eBay, Instagram, or Facebook sales, because I haven’t seen much movement there for awhile and also, I was feeling lazy.
Here is what I sold on Poshmark:
- No B.S Vitamin C and E Serum, $19
- Ann Taylor wrap dress, $23
- Eileen Fisher blouse, $44
- Gap Kid’s Rain Jacket, $18
- Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC Bag, $30
- Betabrand Elixir dress, $33
- Leota wrap dress, $20
- Vince Camuto suede booties, $24
I had received the serum in a subscription box, but already owned it and didn’t love it… so I figured I’d pass it along. Many of the items were ones that I had purchased secondhand, wore and decided I no longer loved. The Gap kid’s rain jacket was worn by Jack until he finally grew out of it, and still looked like it was in mint condition. All in all, everything had just been sitting in the house unworn and I was happy to send each item to a new home for someone else to enjoy!
I sold 8 items for a total of $211 before Poshmark fees (20%).
With the new season, I plan on adding more items to my Poshmark closet as I unpack them. I also deleted a few items that weren’t selling and stuck them in the donation bag for my next drop off trip.
If you’ve been thinking about trying Poshmark, you can use my special invite code to open an account and get $5 off your first order. Just use: POCKETFULOFJOUL And here is a direct link to my closet: https://poshmark.com/closet/pocketfulofjoul. Feel free to make an offer on something if you love it!
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. If you choose to use my special Poshmark code to sign up for an account, you will get $5 off your first order and I will also get $5 off a future order.