It’s bimonthly Clothing Purge Report time! Rather than just showing you what I purchase, I also like to show you what items leave my house and how I sell or donate them.
First a quick reminder… here’s my criteria for where I sell:
- Poshmark/eBay: items that are in perfect condition.
- My Instagram page: items that are in perfect or near perfect condition. I’ll typically post a collage of what I’ve listed elsewhere.
- Facebook Sale Groups: items that are in perfect or near perfect condition in specific brands, such as Anthropologie, Boden, and Stitch Fix.
- Donate to Thrift Stores: items in good condition or showing wear.
May and June were super busy months for me with our Hawaii vacation, leaving my old job, and starting my new job. I didn’t really do any purging on Instagram, Facebook, or by donating to the thrift store. However, I did sell a bunch of items out of my Poshmark closet:
- FabFitFun Show me Your Mumu robe, $26
- Anthropologie top, $29
- Lucky Brand embroidered tank top, $20
- Kate Spade Trench coat, $85
- Hello sweater, $11
- Boden dress, $39
- FabFitFun necklace, $10
- DVF maxi dress, $86
- BHLDN dress, $49
- Blank NYC jean shorts, $28
- Rock and Republic jean shorts, $23
- Eileen Fisher sweater, $19
- Kate Spade purse, $69
- J. McLaughlin wrap dress, $35
- Current Elliott Jeans, $24
- Joie dress, $48
- Anthropologie maxi dress, $55
- Kate Spade jeans, $20
I sold a total of 18 items and my earnings were $676 before Poshmark fees (20%).
Most of the items were from my closet that I had worn over the years and fallen out of love with. Two items were from the FabFitFun box (cost $49 a quarter) that I didn’t love, so I resold them for a total of $36… making the rest of my quarterly box just $13.
A couple items were thrifted and flipped:
- I bought the Joie silk dress for $5 and sold it for $48
- I bought the J. McLaughlin wrap dress for $25, wore it twice and then sold it for $35.
I’m planning on doing another mid-summer purge of my closet and listing some more items on Poshmark. I’m also going to list some of Jack’s outgrown items in bundles for (hopefully) quick sales.
If you’ve been thinking about trying Poshmark, you can use my special invite code to open an account and get $5 off your first order. Just use: POCKETFULOFJOUL
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. If you choose to use my special Poshmark code to sign up for an account, you will get $5 off your first order and I will also get $5 off a future order.