After a LONG Saturday of working in DC in the morning, a quick trip the mall and then meeting a friend at Let’s Dish (blog post coming), I came home to an awesome surprise…. my June Citrus Lane delivery!
I say surprise, because even though I was expecting it, the box usually doesn’t arrive to my house until the week after the 15th (since it ships from California), but I got mine on the 16th this month. YAY!
I knew that this month’s theme was “The Little Artist” and I was curious how they’d keep to the theme considering that Jack is only 4 months old. I was imaging some finger paint and maybe some super huge crayons, but the reality was so much better.
As I picked up the box to open it, I was already intrigued by the jingle jangle coming from it. Such a good sign!
It seems that the folks at Citrus Lane are really reading and listening to their reviews, because the boxes keep getting better. Last month I said that the box “rocked my socks off” and I’d have to say that I’m even MORE impressed with the June box. So let’s say it “square-danced off my shirt” for comparison sake.
- So, what was in the box that made me do a little jig?
- Wee Gallery Art Cards ($12.95 value, 10% off weegallery.com purchase). Super snazzy little black and white flashcards made out of thick cardboard paper. The high contrast design is prefect for my wee little artist.
- Putumayo 2012 Playground Sampler CD ($5.00 value). Okay, I’m not really a fan of kiddie music CD’s in general. I don’t understand why your child simply can’t just rock along to LMFAO along with you in the car (even if they’re not “sexy” they can totally “wiggle and wiggle” along).
I did receive a couple of Jewel’s kids CD downloads from a friend of mine, which I do enjoy and we regularly rock out to some Disney movie songs (and when I say “we” I might actually mean “me” on my drive into work). Anyways, I didn’t really have high hopes for this CD sampler, but I was pleasantly surprised. My current fav is “Animal Crackers” by Wee Hairy Beasties – it’s got almost an Elvis-like feel to it, with really cute lyrics. I’m also digging the Brazilian music… I mean WE. We’re digging it. Yeah. Oh and listening to “boogie” pronounced in French totally cracks me up.
- BabyGanics Stain Eraser On-The Go ($3.99 value).This little bottle of spray is supposed to be a miracle worker in mysterious food stains, artist splats and spots, and more. Since we’re starting food next month, this might come in super handy!
- Pop & Lolli Decal ($67.00 for set of 16, 15% off popandlolli.com). Out of the whole box, this is my take-it-or-leave-it item. It is a super cute little owl decal, but Jack’s room has already been decorated. I did find a spot for it in my bathroom, but I wouldn’t bother to pay that much money to purchase any more decals.
- Hohner Kids Musical Instruments ($12.00 value). WE love, love, LOVE these instruments – and I do mean WE this time. I put one instrument in each of Jack’s hands and he boogied for a good 10 minutes shaking them about. The jingle of the instruments (we received a cage bell and a musical shape) are fun without being too loud or annoying.
The colors are great and the construction seems to be very good as well. This is an example of something that I would not have necessarily bought for Jack, but now that he has them will be a total favorite in our house.
- Minted Offer ($35.00 gift card). Originally I was super excited about this offer; I mean $35 is a lot of money! But then I went to the website and I realized that the smallest of the prints that I like is $50.00, so I still need to shell out $15 to make my purchase. I’m going to go ahead and do it though, because I totally fell in love with their You are my Sunshine print and I like that a portion of every sale goes towards the Every Mother Counts charity.
So, my monthly question – was it worth it?
In fact, if they continue delivering such awesome boxes each month, I will stay a member of Citrus Lane until my son reaches 3 years old (their oldest kid box). I fully enjoy the surprise box each month and many of the items are used in our house on a regular basis.
Some of our ongoing favorites:
- The Itsy Ritzy Bib, Burp and Bath Cloth from the March 2012 box.
- The bath towel and flannel wash clothes from the April 2012 box.
- The hat, teething toy AND book from the May 2012 box.
- And bonus points: I get a ton of compliments on the bracelets I purchased from joyus.com (using the gift card from the May box)
Here’s my typical disclosure: I was not rewarded by Citrus Lane for reviewing their box on my blog. I review the boxes, because I feel like other mom’s would be interested in seeing what they’ll get if they sign up for the monthly service.
HOWEVER, if you decide that you would like to sign up for your own subscription and use my link, I will receive credits on my account. As an added bonus to my fabulous readers, you can get 10% off the cost of any subscription (normal cost $25 each month). You’ll save $7.50 on three months, $12.50 on six months, or $25 on twelve months. To redeem the deal, click on my link and enter the word SPRINGFUN when checking out.
Check out my other Citrus Lane box reviews:
Oh, and to all the daddies out there — Happy Father’s Day!