I keep my yearly book list updated as I finish each book throughout the year, but with the start of summer officially here I figured I’d give you a condensed list of my favorite books so far to add to your TBR pile!
You can read my mini synopsis and thoughts if you click through to my 2023 Book List, or you can just take my word for it that these are the best of the best, and start reading!
- A suspenseful murder mystery: The Girl Who Was Taken by Charlie Donlea (Book #2 of 2023)
- A magical ‘what if’ story: The Magic of Lemon Drop Pie by Rachel Linden (Book #6 of 2023)
- A nerdy romance: The Chemistry of Love by Sariah Wilson (Book #15 of 2023)
- A feel-good coming into her own story with a side of romance: Marlowe Banks, Redesigned by Jacqueline Firkins (Book #20 of 2023)
- A more grown-up Harry Potter-type witchy series: A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik (Book #30 of 2023), The Last Graduate by Naomi Novik (Book #32 of 2023) and The Golden Enclaves by Naomi Novik (Book #33 of 2023)
- Assassin retiree’s kick ass: Killers of a Certain Age by Deanna Raybourn (Book 48 of 2023)
- A new who-done-it series I’m loving: A Curious Beginning (A Veronica Speedwell Mystery, 1) by Deanna Raybourn (Book #50 of 2023)
If you’re in the mood for something sassy, here are some of my favorite romantic, spicy, and funny romances of the year (so far):
- The American Roommate Experiment by Elena Armas (Book #17 of 2023)
- The Rom-Com Agenda by Jayne Denker (Book #27 of 2023)
- Yours Truly by Abby Jimenez (Book #53 of 2023)
- Things We Hide From The Light by Lucy Score (Book #54 of 2023)
Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that clicking on a link may help me earn a small commission at no cost to you.