On the last episode of “My Ugly Green Bathroom” we left off knowing that my dad was coming over to help me kick some bathroom butt. And kick butt we did – we accomplished even more than I hoped for!
Here’s what we got done:
- Finish removing the metal track that remains from shower doors. DONE
- Remove the old shower curtain rod. DONE
- Remove the green toilet and replace it with our new one. DONE
- Remove the green sink and replace it with our-new one. DONE
- Replace the current shower head with a handheld version. DONE
- Remove the medicine cabinet/light and install a new fixture. DONE
- Install new trim to fit around new vanity. DONE
- Remove all remaining wallpaper and spackle. DONE
It took a full day of work (once we add in the trip to Home Depot and the required yummy lunch to thank my dad for his help) but we got ‘er done and I’m so thrilled with the progress.
Oh, if you want to get a full idea of where this bathroom started out, check out my first post on the original Ugly Green Bathroom complete with plaid wallpaper!
Here are some in-progress shots from this weekend:
Okay, now are you ready for some “after” shots? Well, not really AFTER since we’re not done yet. More like a little further of the in-progress shots:
There is obviously still work to be done to finish the job, but it’s all quite manageable. My biggest challenge will be finding the time to paint the room, since someone else will need to watch Jack for the day. I’m also thinking of painting both the bathroom and master bedroom at the same time so I can just get messy and do it all at once. I may wait until Thanksgiving week since I took off work but will still put Jack in daycare for at least one of those days.
My updated task list of what’s left:
- Spray paint shower curtain rod, toilet paper holder and towel rack (oil rubbed bronze, of course) and re-install.
- Paint edge of tub with ugly dark green color (*groan*).
- Remove and replace broken hooks on the back of the door.
- Hunt down a larger mirror and hang it over the sink.
- Sand down walls.
- Paint trim and inside of door – glossy white.
- Paint ceiling – eggshell white.
- Paint walls – probably something from the light smoky blue color family.
- Buy and put up new artwork.
- Put up new shower curtain.
- Purchase any additional décor needed to finish the room (or steal from rest of house/stash) – bath rug, trashcan, shower dispenser, hand soap, etc.
I’m still hoping to have the entire project completed by Thanksgiving and will post one more update once it’s all pretty. I’ll also provide a full cost breakdown for the whole project (shhhh don’t tell my husband…).
There you go: what I did this weekend. Did you do anything fun like rip a stinky toilet out of your house? Or did you do what I really wanted to do on my anniversary weekend — curl up with your honey, a movie and a yummy bottle of wine?