How are you guys celebrating 12/12/12? Are you making lots of wishes or maybe even playing the lottery since today seems to be a super lucky kind of day?
I’m doing a little bit of celebrating myself… because today, 12/12/12, is my one year anniversary of working in my current job. Yay me, getting my “paper” anniversary on. I’m going to go ahead and count my paycheck as my paper anniversary gift. Not that I actually SEE an actual paper check these days, but gosh do I love having money magically make its way into my bank account!
For those of you who are newer readers and didn’t really follow along with my job story, here’s the mini version: I worked my butt off at a company for 6 years and was laid off last fall. Oh yeah, and I was pregnant at the time. Pretty awesome, right? I was incredibly fortunate to be hired in my current position and started my new job after just 5 weeks of unemployment.*
To celebrate one year of working at a job that I like with people I enjoy, I’m going to share today’s thankful list:
- I’m thankful that my superiors don’t fart around me and then pretend they didn’t while I sit there and choke quietly on the stench.
- I am thankful that my superiors and coworkers show up for meetings on time and never, ever bring nail clippers with them or force me to duck out of the way of their flying fingernail debris.
- I’m incredibly thankful that nobody at my current job has called me in for a meeting and told me that I’m an unlikeable person with an awful sense of humor. Or continued on for an hour to give me examples of why this is obviously true. Especially not while I’m crying.
- I’m really thankful that none of the managers at my current job has commented on my “cute butt” and told me that I can sit it down wherever I’d like.
- I am so thankful that I’m not afraid to walk through the halls of my work building in fear that I’m going to be yelled at for doing something. Or not doing something. Or not doing something that somebody else might not have done. Or for it being Tuesday.
So for my one year anniversary at my current job, I’d like to give a big ol’ HOORAY for it being so awesome. I am so incredibly thankful to have a job where I feel appreciated by managers who I actually really, really like!
Hope you have a happy 12/12/12!
* If you are interested in the more detailed version of my job change brewhaha, check out my blog posts between September and December of last year.
5 thoughts on “Celebrating 12/12/12”
Awesome! I am unemployed and about to have to request a federal extension. Not fun. But I am hoping to find a great job that is way better than the one I hated a few months ago. 🙂
Ugh, the unemployment rules were so freaking confusing. I wish you luck with getting through it all. And yes, it seemed like the worst thing in the world at the time, but wow has there been a lot of changes over the past year — new job, new house, new baby. Kept the husband though. 😉
The specificity of the things you are glad do not happen at your current job makes me think they must have happened at a past job. How AWFUL, and good riddance bad job.
Well gosh Katie, that’s just crazy talk. I’m a VERY imaginative person, you know.