It’s Clothing Purge Report time again. Rather than just showing you what I purchase, I also like to show you what items leave my house and how I sell or donate them.
First a quick reminder… here’s my criteria for where I sell:
- Poshmark/eBay: items that are in perfect condition.
- My Instagram page: items that are in perfect or near perfect condition. I’ll typically post a collage of what I’ve listed elsewhere.
- Facebook Sale Groups: items that are in perfect or near perfect condition in specific brands, such as Anthropologie, Boden, and Stitch Fix.
- Donate to Thrift Stores: items in good condition or showing wear.
I typically share on a bi-monthly basis but I decided to knock it down to sharing three months at a time – so this is for July, August AND September. Once again, I didn’t really do any Instagram or Facebook sales… but I did sell some things on Poshmark and donated a big bag of stuff to the thrift store.
I was basically sick of looking at my Poshmark closet, so I put a bunch of stuff that had been sitting in there a while on ‘LAST CHANCE SALE’ and greatly reduced prices.
- Kut from the Kloth green jeans, $28
- Magnolia Market purse, $85
- Keds x Rifle Paper Co floral sneakers, $33
- Roz & Ali embellished sweater, $8
- Anthropologie Maeve dress, $28
- Francis + Benedict skirt, $16
- Exercise Bundle, $26
- Boden Blazer, $24
- Sesto Meucci leather sneakers, $28
I sold a total of 9 items for a total of $276.
About half the items were thrifted, worn by me and then sold. The other half were items that had lived in my closet that I no longer loved. I can honestly say I don’t miss any of the items I sold… so keep in mind that as you are cleaning out your closet for fall weather to stick those things you no longer love up for sale so someone else can enjoy them!
The items that haven’t had any interest at all on my Poshmark account were deleted off my account and added to my donation bag. I have an overflowing trash bag full of clothes ready to donate… but I’m holding off until I do my big summer-to-fall closet swith-over when the weather cools down.
If you’ve been thinking about trying Poshmark, you can use my special invite code to open an account and get $5 off your first order. Just use: POCKETFULOFJOUL
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. If you choose to use my special Poshmark code to sign up for an account, you will get $5 off your first order and I will also get $5 off a future order.