It’s bimonthly Clothing Purge Report time! Rather than just showing you what I purchase, I also like to show you what items leave my house and how I sell or donate them. I’ve been working extra hard this year to beat my 2018 total of $2,152… as an added incentive, I’ve been adding all my sales money into a special ‘vacation’ account to go towards Hawaii!
First a quick reminder… here’s my criteria for where I sell:
- Poshmark/eBay: items that are in perfect condition.
- My Instagram page: items that are in perfect or near perfect condition. I’ll typically post a collage of what I’ve listed elsewhere.
- Facebook Sale Groups: items that are in perfect or near perfect condition in specific brands, such as Anthropologie, Boden, and Stitch Fix.
- Donate to Thrift Stores: items in good condition or showing wear.
I made the majority of my sales on Poshmark over the last couple months. If you’ve been eyeing anything in my Poshmark closet, NOW is the time to make an offer!
I ended up re-poshing a couple items that I bought and then didn’t end up loving (basically breaking even, even those were already ‘sunk’ costs). I also sold a couple items that I received in my Spring Causebox that I didn’t love. Finally, I took a long hard look at my closet and did some purging.
- Fabletics Puffer vest – re-Posh – $19
- Prana Kara green jeans – re-Posh – $23
- MM LaFleur Rachel dress – thrifted and wore once – $113
- Cleobella Scarf from Causebox – didn’t love – $19
- Sperry Slip-on Sneakers – bought from TJ Maxx and didn’t love – $20
- ALTRU Plant holder from Causebox – didn’t love – $8
- Anthropologie Tidal Maxi Dress – thrifted and wore once – $55
- Anthropologie keyhole blouse – wore 2x – $22
- Ann Taylor Strapless dress – thrifted and never wore – $32
I ended up making 9 sales and my total earnings were $311 before Poshmark fees (20%).
Facebook Sale Groups
I belong to some brand-specific Facebook groups: Boden Mamas B/S/T, Anthropologie BST, Non Crap Mama Clothes, Rothy’s BST, Stitch Fix b/s/t Large and Stitch Fix B/S/T. If you are interested in joining any of them, you need to submit to join and then the administrator will approve each person (I am not the administrator of any of these groups).
When I purchased the Spring Inspiration Fit mystery bag, there was a card in the bag letting me know that there is now swap group! I had one tank top that I didn’t love (the one that says Pinch Me), so I posed it on the swap group and within 24 hours someone paid $15 for it!
I ended up making 1 sale and my total earnings were $15 (minus a couple bucks for postage)
Now that the weather is about to get warm again, I’m looking forward to packing away my winter clothes and unpacking my spring/summer items. I plan to do some SUPER purging and listing a ton of stuff to sell, so keep your eyes peeled!
Oh and if you want to use my special invite code to open a Poshmark account, you can use POCKETFULOFJOUL to get $5 off your first order.
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. If you choose to use my special Poshmark code to sign up for an account, you will get $5 off your first order and I will also get $5 off a future order.