Yay, finally a chance to do a review of the October Fall Fun box from Citrus Lane!
I mentioned when I received the box a couple weeks ago that I was in love with its contents, but haven’t been able to post about it until now.
So, what was I so excited about?
- Munchkin 7oz Click Lock Trainer Cups (value $8.99) – Jack is currently still drinking his milk out of bottles, but will be moving on to sippy cups before you know it. I love the fact that they sent me two really nice sippy cups to try out before we even need them. That way, when we DO want to move onto the next step in baby drinking, we’re all prepared!
- In my Den from Chronicle Books (value $8.99, plus a 20% off code) – Love this book, which is quite similar to one about a dolphin we received a few months ago. Jack likes the colorful pages and trying to stick his finger (and mouth) on the little bear. It also made me giggle a little (ok, a lot) that I put the “In my Den” book in MY den. Tee hee. Yeah, my husband didn’t think it was very funny either.
- License to Drool by Bright Starts (value $2.99) – Honestly, I wasn’t really that excited about these keys because we already have a pair at home (the kind you keep in the fridge). However, the moment I gave them to Jack he gave them his approval. He LOVES them… even more than his other pair. The little nubs on one of the keys are apparently awesome in his little tooth-free mouth.
- BabyGanics Healin’ Groovy (value $7.99, plus a 20% off code)) – This stuff is a natural balm that can be used on baby diaper rash. I don’t know if it works for that, because we’re super lucky that Jack has a healthy tooshie. However, it works great on my dry elbows!
- DHC Deep Cleansing Oil Mini (value $4.99) – This stuff is sitting in my bathroom for me to try, but I haven’t had a chance to smooth it on yet. It is supposed to remove make up and other traces of your day, but since I’ve been home for 6 days straight I haven’t bothered with any makeup that I’d need to take off…
- The Red One Fruit Smoothie by Ella’s Kitchen (value $1.49, plus a $5 off $25 code) – Food is always welcome in our house, especially tasty organic squashed fruit food for Jack!
So there you have it, finally my October review. I feel like this box deserves a high rating because Jack and I can actually use everything included. I also love the fact that they included a mommy gift, because frankly I need a gift every once in a while!
However, I have to mention one negative – the box wasn’t valued as high as previous boxes, only $36. One of the things that was so great about previous boxes is that you felt like you were getting a really great deal, in addition to trying new products. The March 2012 box had a value of $91, which made it a no brainer when it cost me $20 (I used a promo code). At a value of $36, I might not be as excited about the box if I had paid full price.*
My typical discloser: I was not rewarded by Citrus Lane for reviewing their box on my blog. I review the boxes, because I feel like other mom’s would be interested in seeing what they’ll get if they sign up for the monthly service.
However, if you decide that you would like to sign up for your own subscription and use my link, I will receive credits on my account. Click here to access the Citrus Lane website with my special link. As an added bonus to my fabulous readers, you can get 10% off the cost of any subscription (normal cost $25 each month). You’ll save $7.50 on three months, $12.50 on six months, or $25 on twelve months. To redeem the deal, click on my link and enter the word SPRINGFUN when checking out.
If you would like to see any of my previous Citrus Lane box review posts, click on the “Product & Company Reviews/Recommendations tab on the right hand side of this page.
*Which I did not. Thanks to some wonderful readers, I was able to redeem enough credits to get this box for free. Thank you so much!