I really think taking a little break from Birchbox was one of the best things I could have done, because ever since I restarted my subscription my boxes have been pretty fantastic!
I also like reviewing them every other month, instead of every month… so let’s check out what I received in my last couple boxes!
My March Birchbox:
- Wilma Schumann Skin Care Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads – full-size, $26
- FHI Brands Hot Sauce Thermal Heat-Activated Conditioner – full-size, $16
- Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo – full-size, $24
- theBalm Stainiac in Beauty Queen – full-size, $17
- treStiQue Color & Smudge Shadow Crayon in Aspen Pine – full-size $26
Out of this box, I had two items that I really loved. First off, I’ve been wanting to try the Amika dry shampoo for a while, so I was really glad that the travel size was included in this box. The dry shampoo works really great and smells fantastic. I think I’ll keep it aside for my next trip since it’s in such a cute little bottle that will easily fit in a carry-on.
I tried out the collagen eye pads and only wish that there were more in the box. I mean, it’s great to get even two to try… but you can’t really tell any different after using a product once. I did feel quite refreshed after trying them though!
My April Birchbox:
- Whish Save Crave Shaving Cream – full-size, $20
- Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask – full-size, $26
- Supergoop! Daily Correct CC Cream, SPF 40 – full-size, $32
- Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator – full-size $34
- The Beauty Crop PBJ Smoothie Stick in Guava Nice Day – full-size, $14.95
First off, the Rifle Paper box is gorgeous and I need to re-purpose it so that I can look at it every day! I was most excited about trying out the deep conditioning hair mask, but was really disappointed that it didn’t leave my hair soft or conditioned at all. Instead, after I used it my hair seemed kind of dry and stringy – so I’ll be throwing this one right in the trash!
The rest of the box was a hit though. The Vasanti enzymatic face rejuvenator was one of my absolute favorite products I received when I previously did Birchbox (I even bought the full sized product to keep using), so I’m happy to have a travel sized version to add to my collection. I also really loved the color and feel of the PBJ lip color. I’m wearing it here:
I’m still really loving my Birchbox subscription and I’m really glad I gave them another chance!
Do you like my Birchbox reveal posts, or should I retire them? Have you broken up with a subscription box only to return a few months later and love it?
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored by Birchbox, I paid for the $10 fee with my own hard-earned money. If you enjoyed my review and decide to try Birchbox for yourself, the biggest compliment you can give me is by using my referral link. Thank you to anyone who chooses to click through and support my shopping addiction!